Hoffmann Steel Fabrication Employment
Location - Muscatine, Iowa
Hoffmann is seeking an experienced Machinist and will report to the Fabrication Superintendent.
- Directly responsible for all machine work on assigned projects.
- Perform own tasks of machining on lathe, mill, and drill press.
- Report any safety, quality, or efficiency concerns to the fabrication superintendent.
- Responsible for direct supervision of employees and encourage a positive work environment.
- Assign tasks, evaluate performance, and report personnel issues to the fabrication superintendent.
- Responsible for project goals.
- Set and meet daily and weekly goals to fulfill the project schedule.
- Responsible for dimensional accuracy and workmanship on assigned projects.
- Coordinate quality issues with QA/QC superintendent.
- Make recommendations to the fabrication superintendent on tooling, machines, and process methods that will aid in the efficiency and quality of finished parts.
- Responsible for safety in coordination with the fabrication superintendent.
- Encourage safe work practices through personal example and verbal instruction.
- Immediately correct any unsafe or dangerous tools, practices, or attitudes.
- Provide feedback to the fabrication superintendent for performance reviews of employees.
- Two years or more of manual or CNC machining experience.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Experience in the use of typical machinist measuring tools.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate and direct two or more shop personnel.
Apply in person at 6001 49th Street South, Muscatine, IA and ask for Scott Lee or fill out the FABRICATION FORM and email it to email@example.com.
WELDERS / FABRICATORS WANTED
Location - Muscatine, Iowa
Hoffmann is seeking experienced Welders/Fabricators.
Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms according to a pre-designed model, or blueprint.
Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding operations. Uses a variety of metal working tools and equipment to machine or fabricate component parts. Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits component parts together. Components may be fitted together by means of a weld, clamps, bolts, or rivets. May also repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts. Measures finished products for accuracy and checks for any possible structural defects in the welds or within the metal itself.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass a basic weld test.
- Work with hands and weld skillfully.
- Accurately read blueprints.
- Visualize three-dimensional figures from looking at separate one dimensional drawings.
- Operate a variety of metal working tools such as: drillpress, mill, thermal cutter, oxygen/acetylene torch, shear, pressbrake, etc.
- Apply knowledge of metallurgy and geometry; accurately use a variety of measuring devices.
Apply in person at 6001 49th Street South, Muscatine, IA and ask for Scott Lee. Or fill out the FABRICATION FORM and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoffmann, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k), and profit sharing.
Fill out the pdf fabrication form and save it to your computer. To email to the address below, you must save it to your computer and then attach it to the email below.
Email it email@example.com
Or print it out and send it to:
6001 49th Street South
Muscatine, IA 52761