Fabrication Support Services
Engineering and Design
Hoffmann’s Design/Build team consists of registered engineers and design technicians with experience to design for industrial and manufacturing industries. Our complete in-house design and engineering department enhances production capabilities and provides value and quality assurance to our customers. In addition to standard layout and drafting projects, our CAD/CAM/CAE system allows us to perform computer aided analysis (CAA) and design work.
Our team can develop products from initial design, including visual representations through engineered schematics and preproduction work. We also develop production drawings upon request.
Hoffmann, Inc. offers practical design ideas that will significantly improve the productivity of your facility. Conceptual and preliminary designs are submitted for your approval on expansion, renovation or new projects. This process is necessary to guarantee accurate budget estimates and to ensure that the proposed design meets all your technical requirements. Hoffmann’s design team can provide professionally sealed prints, computer-aided drafting for all steel components, 3-D modeling, and finite element analysis for prototype and fixture design.
Program Capabilities Include:
- SolidWorks with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- AutoCAD (Latest Edition)
- 3D modeling
- Heavy metal fabricators of carbon steel, aluminum, alloy steel including 300 and 400 series stainless and duplex stainless steel, weathering steel, and other highly corrosion resistant alloys.
- Cost Reduction Engineering, DFM / DFA (design for manufacturing and assembly)
- Prototype Development—3D modeling and 2D shop drawings
- Material cost reductions, material utilization and alternate material recommendations
Hoffmann, Inc. provides nondestructive testing (NDT) on welds and our testing is performed by our American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (AWS-CWI). A 100% visual inspection, following Code specifications, is standard on all metal fabricated products. Hoffmann follows AWS-D1.1, AWS-D1.6, AWS-D14.1, AWS-D1.2, and other codes as they pertain to specific project applications. We also follow ASME codes and standards.
Hoffmann also offers custom inspection services that provide a repair process for metal structures, equipment and/or parts.
Hoffmann’s Repair Process
- A Visual Analysis will be performed by our AWS Certified Weld Inspector.
- Hoffmann will prepare a written report with our repair recommendations.
- Customers respond with written approval to proceed with repairs. Then we confirm the weld testing procedures and analysis needed to verify the quality of welds used in the repair process.
- Proceed with repairs and use Visual Inspection or as an additional option, proceed with repairs and use Ultrasound / Radiograph / Meg Particle Testing
- Hoffmann will perform the repairs and deliver to the customer.